Archive

Login Form

Search

Categories

Blogroll

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Client: “That’s way too much money to charge for an email campaign. It’s not hard to put a few graphics in an email.”
Me: “I charge based off of my regular hourly rate and that’s how long it will take to complete the project.”
Client: “Forget it. We’ll just do it in house. We have a copy of Dreamweaver.”
[Phone call 2 weeks later]
Client: “Can you talk for a second?”
Me: “Sure.”
Client: “OK. We made that email campaign, but I can’t figure out why all of the links take me to the unsubscribe page.”
Me: “I’m not sure. Is this a test email you’re talking about? I can finish the project for you based on my hourly rate.”
Client: “Well…no. We already sent it.”
The client sent an email campaign to a list of 74,000 customers with every link in the email being a one-click unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

New Block

Enter Block content here...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam pharetra, tellus sit amet congue vulputate, nisi erat iaculis nibh, vitae feugiat sapien ante eget mauris.